Anne and Mohan,
        I loved your letter and would like to talk more about the non medical
areas you have or would like to look into.  I am 47 and was diagnosed 3
years ago with PD after having symtoms for 7.  I am a guy living with my
family in Central Minnesota who spent my formative years in San
Fransisco.  I tell you this to help explain that I have been into
meditation for years and believe totally that I can find more answers
looking in that direction than towards anyone else.  Not that I can't
get alot of help out there from the medical community.  I am on Sinemet
and Eldepryl and feel like they have helped me quite a bit.  I also work
just as hard on my exersize and meditation.  At this point I rate the
drugs and meditation/exersize about the same as far as how much they
have helped me.
        Cure?  Beats me.  But at this point I bet I can get closer to a cure by
meditating than by taking the medication.  Before you laugh too loud, I
do mean cure, first in an emotional since, or in my ability to handle
whatever Parkinson's and the world throw at me.  After that I may mean
physical cure.  All I know is that I feel great when I've been able to
keep myself on track through meditation.  I feel lousy when I can't
regardless of if I have taken my medication or not.
        Also like yourself, I also hope there are others who are trying out or
looking into non medical areas like you .  I hope to collect this
information and share it, which is why I put together a Web Site (see
below).
        I've got to go now but I would like to talk more.
Paul
http://www.cloudnet.com/~mandms