Bernard et al

Sometimes I feel that my problems are very small, even the PD, compared to many
of my clients.  They suffer from some of the worst of mental illnesses and most
of all from the human prejudices against homeless and poor people.  They also
must suffer under government systems that blame them for their situation while
forcing them to stay in them.

Then someone will come into my office and complain about something very trivial
and I can look at him/her and say so what.  Do you have PD?  Do you have a
daughter with cancer?  Do you have several relatives who died from cancer,
including your sister?  Do you suffer from PTSD from Viet Nam or elswhere?  Do
you have any stress whats so ever?  That's life.

I really don't worry how people perceive my PD symptoms, it is what they mean to
me.  My son says I can talk about it and we do.  But, if I have a spasm or strat
to shake, he gets scared and his first desire is to leave the room.

If I can move county government officials and federal Social Security workers,
and others to do what I feel is necessary for my clients, I should be able to
help move congress on the Udall bill.  And I Will.

Marling McReynolds  [log in to unmask]