On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Henry Guttentag wrote:

> Dear Members:
> My wife has asked me to find out if anybody experiences painful feet and
> toes. The syptoms seems to come intermittently and is an aching feeling in
> her feet and toes. If anybody has any suggestion of how to treat the
> symptoms, please advice.
>
> Henry Guttentag ([log in to unmask])
> CG for  wife 62/9

Dear Henry and 1400 others on this net.

My home treatment was suggested to me by a physical therapist in southern
California (where else?) some 35 years ago, long before any symptoms of PD.
It continues to give me temporary relief for pain across the bottom of my
feet, including toe cramping that I experience from time to time now
that PD is more demanding.

When I need some relief, I use two of the old fashion Coke bottles (6 oz.)
placed on the floor (with neck of bottles pointed inwardly) so as to
massage my feet by rolling the feet over the bottles. I begin by bending
the toes over surface of the bottles and work back to the arch and finally
massage the heels. At various points, especially along the outer edges of
the feet, I will encounter locations that are quite sensitive to the
bottle-foot contact. I continue the massaging until the pain and/or
cramping cease or is reduced. Generally, I don't need to repeat the
procedure for 2 or 3 days, longer at times.

I often will use only one bottle at a time. Just switch the bottle from
one foot to the other, alternately.

A. Lee [log in to unmask]
84/7

+++