Murph  (et al)

I have noticed, as I am sure others have, that stress of any kind can aggrivate
PD symptoms.  I know that when I am under PTSD my PD feels much worse.
Hypnotism has helped me to relax, however, I did not find it really relieving
the PTSD.  I believe that for PWP learning to handle stress is very important
and can help to reduce the amount of medication one must take to control tremor,
etc.  There are around the country special counselors in PTSD.  You should look
for one near you. If you would like I will try to find one for you.  We are
fortunate in our small area that we have Viet Nam Vets For Peace, which is a
special group of vets.  Among them is an LCSW who specializes in PTSD.

PTSD, for those who are wondering, is Post Tramatic Stress Disorder.  PWP suffer
from PTSD as well as vets.  It is a disorder associated with ANY tramtic
incident.  I wonder, since we have discussed the fact that many of us have had
surgery or been in accidents, if PTSD counseling would not lessen symptoms for
many of us????

One more question to be answered.

Thanks for asking it Murph.

Marling McReynolds  [log in to unmask]