Marling,

You wrote in part:

> PTSD, for those who are wondering, is Post Tramatic Stress Disorder. =
 PWP
> suffer
> from PTSD as well as vets.  It is a disorder associated with ANY tramti=
> incident.  I wonder, since we have discussed the fact that many of us =
have had
> surgery or been in accidents, if PTSD counseling would not lessen sympt=
oms for
> many of us????

Some of us, myself for example, have had really exciting lives and can =
include
a few years at war, motor vehicle accidents, and surgery (to repair sport=
ing injury)
amoung our souveniers.

Speaking on a purely subjective level, I find dealing with PD equates to =
that low
level, ever present fear I remember experiencing as soon as my vehicle =
left the
tar and started down 'land mine ally'.  The major difference is that my =
war service
lasted just on 4 years and I already have 10 years with PD and no end in =
sight.
(Who do I see about a promotion?)

However, a question.  How well does PTSD counceling work in an ongoing
situation?

Dennis

Dennis Greene