Hello, kind people!

Whenever my PD meds are being kind to me and working at their optimal
level, I am lucky enough to have them take away all the outward
manifestations that normally trouble me - difficult handwriting,
hand/finger dexterity (buttoning clothes, cutting food, putting on
make-up, handling money in stores, etc.), difficulty in getting out of the
car, turning in bed, rising from a chair, etc., shufflling and taking tiny
steps when walking - all can feel "*normal*".  This absence of symptoms,
though usually short-lived, is, of course, a wonderful feeling!  I'm FREE!

However, I have realized that there are two "hidden" manifestations of my
PD that NEVER diminish or go away.  The first is when I move my finges up
and down (as in playing a piano), my fingers resist the movement and have
an eery, vibrating appearance and feeling.  The other is when I stick
out my tongue and move it back and forth, it moves in a strange spastic,
jerky manner.  There have been a couple of times when I was being examined
by my neurologist that my meds were working so well that these two
abnormalities were the only things he could see that verified my PD
diagnosis.

I would like to know if anyone else out there on the ListService
experiences anything similar to what I've tried to describe.  Two of my
doctors have told me I am unusual in that I have some symptoms that most
PWPs do not have and I don't have some that most do. I guess I thought
that this was true with almost every person that has the disease.

While this is nothing of great importance, if anyone will take the time to
comment about this, I would appreciate it.

Kindest Regards,

JANICE LONG