Hi Margie...

Thanks SOOO much for your lovely message of support!  I can't tell you just
how much it meant to me!  And you're SO right about how some businesses
perceive those over 35 as being "handicapped" by their age.  At least in a
highly technological business.... as most are today, considering.

At the bottom of this message, I'll append a copy of the message I just posted
on the list which'll let you know that things worked out just fine for me!

Truthfully, I'll have to give MSN credit where it's due... 'cause they
could've cared less about the respective age of the staff members when they
hired us on.  And I don't think age makes a helluva lotta difference to 'em
now, either.

This is NOT saying that at Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, WA that
hiring on the "over 35" bunch might not be met with some resistance... They
all seem very youthful THERE to me!  All 15,000 of 'em!) <grin>  THEY
physically work at a location, whereas MSN is "physically located" in
Cyberspace!!  So who CARES if someone's 80 years old or even a 100 if they can
type, and have a good mind while their logged on!

The fact of the matter, in my case at least, Margie, is that I'll NEVER be a
techie or a programmer because to my bones, I'm an artistic-creative type, and
it'd be a real waste of my talents for them to try to force me into becoming a
techie.  THAT would actually be contra to the reason they hired me in the
first place!

Kinda makes me wonder if at the time, there was as many adaptation problems
for the populous during the golden age of the machine, in the mid-to-late
1800's.

Following is a copy of my list-message:
--------------------
>Heartfelt thanks to the many kind and thoughtful folks who emailed me and
>posted here offering encouragement and support after reading of my
"HTML->coding-and-mouse-plight" post.

>UPDATE:   I DID take action (after gritting my teeth) and emailed a fellow
>MSN forum manager telling him about the problem I was facing and asked >for
his help.  He immediately responded with, "Of COURSE I'll help you!!"  >And I
had the best night's sleep in months last nite! <great big sigh of >relief.

>I relearned a couple of valuable lessons from of this experience:  " People
>aren't mind readers. Generally, if you don't ask, you don't GET."  Also, to
>stand on pride is ok, but it sure can tie you in knots, cause you to lose
>sleep, and complicate your life if you put that pride in front of you like a
>shield!  After all, if a situation's desperate enough, WHAT are you saving by
>being proud?

>Thanks again all you dear people...

>With love...

Thanks again, Margie!!!