will johnston wrote:

> Which is better for you? Different people respond
> differently to different drug delivery systems. The
> active ingredients are the same. I am committed
> to using the standard Sinemet for the duration of
> the Entacapone drug study I am in.
> There are also different strengths of Sinemet
> available: 10/100, 25/100, 25/250 in the standard
> Sinemet and 25/100 and 50/200 in the CR. All
> tablets are scored to make it easy to break them
> in half, effectively almost doubling the choices.
> Which should you use? Standard? CR? CR with
> a standard boost in the morning? The choice is up
> to you and your physician.

Will,let me first congratulate you for your excelent contributions to
this list.

Secondly,I would appreciate if you would explain a little bit about the
units of measurement in the case of use of tablets meds in the USA.

In most countries in the ocidental world uses the unit mg (miligrams) to
indicate the amount of a product in a med tablet.
In this way we say each tablet contains 100 mg of levedopa,etc.

Then I ask you,how to interpret the units 10/100 and 25/250 of
Sinemet,standard or CR ?

Regards,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+