My name is Karen.  My mom has had Parkinson's for 20
years. She recently had a pallidotomy, because her off times
were so severe and so often that she felt she had to take
drastic steps. The pallidotomy appears to have been
successful, but we won't know for a while, because she
had severe bleeding after the surgery. She has a lot of
problems with dyskinesia. I hope that this list will provide
a good source of information and support that I can share
with my dad, who is her primary caregiver.

                                            Glad to be part of the list.
                                                   Karen Cook