Hello to my Flint friend!

Ellen, I don't if this will be at all helpful in explaining what happened
at that antique fair but I have a booklet from the NPF (National Parkinson
Foundation) entitled "Psychological Factors in the Management of
Parkinson's Disease" and in it it states:

    Parkinsonism is a neurological disorder of a portion of the brain..
    Other areas of the brain may also be affected in any one person.
    From a psychological point of view, one of the concurrent symptoms
    occasionally seen is that of over-emotional responses.  In these
    instances, strong emotions may be expressed even when theperson
    may not actually feel that emotion.  There are patients who will
    produce tears and a crying expression on their face even when they
    do not feel sad. This is sham reaction in which the outward manif-
    estations of the emotion appear at some appropriate cue in the
    conversation, but such reaction is really not expressive of true
    inner feelings.

I have seen other postings about other PWPs that experienced a similar
thing as you did, Ellen, so I hope this will help explain it.

Sincerely,

JAN  (Janice Long)