At 09:37 AM 1/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there an Attorney or a tax expert out there somewhere?
>
>My question is this.... Are contributions made to our local PD support
group tax deductable? If not,
>how can we make it so that they are deductable?
>
>Ben McKeen
>[log in to unmask]     (Vermont)

Ben,

Generally contributions to a branch or division of a national non-profit
501-c3 approved organization are deductable from taxable income if one
itemizes.  I run a local APDA [AMERICAN PARKINSON DISEASE ASSOCIATION]
chapter. We fall under the aegis of the parent organization, and
contributions are tax deductable.  We also get special mailing rates for
bulk mail -- 9.6 cents for local delivery, 13.6 cents for non-local when
mailing 200 or more pieces of identical mail sorted by zip code.

Will
And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter