Hi [log in to unmask], you wrote
>           I had a strange thing happen to me today.  Was making plans
>rent a booth in an antiques mall and as I was leaving thought I should
let
>them know about my PD.  I had only gotten out "I have" and I burst into
>tears.  Everyone was very solicitious and tried to be helpful but it
was very
>embarassing to say the least.  I have not had any problems talking
about my
>PD in the past and wonder whether it will happen again. Has anyone had
this
>happen to them?  How did you cope?

Hi Ellen

I was helping with a collection outside a supermarket, raising funds for
our local branch of Parkinson's Disease Society (UK). A lady coes to put
some money in my tin, and, as usual, I ask "Do you know anyone with
Parkinsons?"

She then bursts into tears and says "Yes, ME!" and for the next ten
minutes, the two of us are crying together, reassuring each other, and
starting a firm friendship.

Don't worry about it - it happens!

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160