Stan,

In October of '94 I went through a very similar interview with my then
employer with a very similar outcome (unfortunatly not including the
finances, but fortunately also not includung the butter incident).

You wrote in part:

> Because Parkinson's apparently has robbed me of the ability to comprehe=
nd,
> organize and coordinate complex projects. Unfortunately, I was blind =
to this
> metamorphosis. But my boss wasn't. I found out yesterday during my annu=
al
> performance review how critical the situation had become.

I know exactly the feeling of betrayal (by your employer) that you are =
experiencing,
but I also remember how much better I eventually felt not having the stre=
ss of
employment in my life. And that feeling of wellbeing told me that I shoul=
d have
initiated the change. My hindsight operates at 20/20.

Of course I am not advocating a total retreat, even 'Wheel of Fortune' =
can lose
its charm.  As you are obviously aware there is plenty to do in the post-=
gainful
employment world, but don't forget to include time for yourself.

Welcome to the ranks of those who are free to do whatever they choose to =
do.
You earned your place.  Take it with pride.

Dennis

Dennis Greene