Hi Stan:   I know exactly what you are feeling since I went through the same
process about three weeks ago. It is tough to call it quits from your
profession and to give up the security of your work to live on insurance
disability payments.

In my case I had two partners to consider. I had to be fair to them because
we split our income equally. and for the last year I hadn't produced my fair
share.

For the year I struggled with the decision but once made it lifted a big load
off my shoulders and I look forward to my retirement. I have always been a
creative problem solver and I can think up more  projects than I had time to
complete in the past. I look forward to spending a lot more time with the PD
Community. I think having made the decision you to will find a sense of
relief now that you can lead a life at your pace and time rather than cope
with  a 9-5 situation or whatever was your schedule.

Welcome aboard the Social Security Express.

By the way PAN is very interested in your evaluation of the cost to society
and are collecting individual  records for their manor push. If you havent
completed a form for them  you might like to call Mike Claeys at
1-707-544-1994