Hi Ellen:

I may as well come clean and tell you: these sudden brimmings over the top
of the eyes not only happen to PWP, but to Carers too.
Once when I was filling my husband's first prescription of levodopa
(Madopar) I burst into tears in front of the pharmacist I had known for
ages. The panicky me thought, "oh dear what a fool".  The "sensible" me
thought "Oh dear, what will I do." I decided to turn it into a learning
experience for my pharmacist and said "You see, Parkinson's greatly affects
the Carer too, you know," and handed him a stock of our literature about
our Association to give to people with PD.
To explain: Filling this prescription was symbolic of the disease
progression which we, in our way of coping, had sort of believed wouldn't
happen.  We were in the early stages -- making do with Deprenyl, Artane -
and pergolide before having to start the "total control" of levodopa.
In retrospect I should have cried in front of the neurologist - but there -
oh, one must be brave, practical, resourceful and above all the perfect
Carer.  WE can't time the shakes for the appointment, But I wonder if it
would help in our relationships with the doctors if we turned on the tears
once in a while?
As a carer, I find dealing with the disease progression is very hard to
cope with. It is a constant grieving process to me.  What about other
carers?
Fortunately, I am much too busy mostly to let it get me down.  ,,, I
remember to pop some Ginseng I am okay!
That's all
Joy Graham