------------4EF528D83DC41

Marge,

Your logic is correct but the datas to my knowledge doeesn't support
it.  I as a psychiatrist have never known a PD patient with
Schizophrenia but I believe it can happen.

There are different arreas of the brain involved and the dopamine
receptors involved in movement disorders are slightly different than
those involved in schizophrenia.  In schizophrenia the holy grail is to
find a drug which acts exclusively on the receptors involved in
cognition and avoid action on those involved in movement disorders.

I hope this helps.

Charlie
--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
MADISON, WISCONSIN

------------4EF528D83DC41

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Marge,&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Your logic is correct but the datas to my knowledge doeesn't support
it.&nbsp; I as a psychiatrist have never known a PD patient with Schizophrenia
but I believe it can happen.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>There are different arreas of the brain involved and the dopamine receptors
involved in movement disorders are slightly different than those involved
in schizophrenia.&nbsp; In schizophrenia the holy grail is to find a drug
which acts exclusively on the receptors involved in cognition and avoid
action on those involved in movement disorders.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I hope this helps.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Charlie<BR>