Lee--I expectyou'll hear of websites etc.  Also, there are excellent
materials available from thenational organizations, a couple of which
are:          Nat'l.Parkinson Fndtn
              1-800-327-4545

             American Parkinson Disease Assn.
             1-800-223-APDA

Of many books, here are a couple--
            "Parkinson's Disease ...One Step at a Time
            Problems & Answers for Patients & Health Professionals "
                by J.David Grimes, M.D.
                   Peggy A. Gray, R.N>
                   Kelly A. Grimes,B.Sc.
           May be ordered from:Parkinson Soc. of Canada
                  Ottawa Civic Hospital,1053 Carling Ave.
                  Ottawa,Ontario,Canada K1Y 4E9

           "Parkinson's Disease:A Guide for Patient & Family
                by Roger Duvoisin, M.D.                     "
           May be ordered from : RavenPress
                   1140 Avenue of the Americas,New York,NY 10036

There is also a sublist of the PD list especially for caregivers(CGs)
of Parkinsonians(PWPs) and I will post the notice about it again today.
You're right, there's a lot to learn--and different folks have different
versions of this "designer disease" (Jeff Jones' term). Glad to have you
aboard...
Camilla Flintermann,CGfor Peter,78/7,Oxford,OH