Kathie Tollifson wrote::

At 10:22 AM 1/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Rob Reiner writes:
>

>>But a few days ago I stumbled on a web page (which I failed to save) which
>>mentioned that a drug company is initiating formal testing of
>>acetyl-l-carnitine for Alzheimers.  I buy ALC by the truckload today and
>>there a many brands to choose from.
>

>Rob, I hadn't heard that anyone else was using ALC....I have been using it
>for 4 or 5 months and am really happy with the results. How much do you use,
>and do you take it all the time or take occasional breaks? In what ways do
>you feel it benfits you? And where do you buy it? It still seems to be
>pretty expensive.
>
>Kathie Tollifson

Kathie:

Before I respond to your specific questions let me say I am astounded by one
aspect of your message.  My name is RON Reiner and whenever I am introduced
to someone they always call me ROB.  I've grown used to it. I assume it is
due to the immediate name recognition with the famous ROB Reiner.  Anyway,
you are the first person to do it in writing.  I take no offense (I'm used
to it) but I am truly surprised.

I started ALC about 2 months ago.  My symptoms are still relatively mild
(I've been diagnosed for out 1.5 yrs).  My only PD prescriiption medication
is Eldepryl.  But I''ve been finding walking increasingly more difficult.
However, unless it is my imagination, the ALC has put some of the "spring"
back in my step.  I now ocassionally go through an entire workday without a
thought to PD.  I buy the Twinlab 500MG 30-capsules bottles for $30.95 minus
a 15% discount the Nutrition Center gives on all Twinlab products.  I take
two a day although I'm thinking of cutting back to one.  I am spending about
2 bucks a day for ALC which is what I used to spend on cigarettes many years
ago.  If I'd stuck with the cigarettes I might not have the PD today.  Plus
smoking was more fun.

Good luck.

        Ron Reiner (48 + 1.5 and counting)