Hi Leila,

Leila Jimenez wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Leila .I have watched this list on and off for the past 1.5 yr
> first lurking & then joining and learned a lot, laughed with, and felt a lot
> of compassion for the trials and tribulations of the members. I am
> Venezuelan (French-Belgian mother) now US citizen, 54 and suspected Parkie
> for 7 years. The first apparent signs were in late '89 with sharp
> 'permanent' left shoulder pain and very intermittent light tremor on left
> hand. Also hot 'spots' on front and inside of both lower legs. MRI and
> several other tests were done, looking for pinched nerves and what not. At
> one point a doctor said I probably had some disease from "where you come
> from" (as I recall, something to do w/ a worm...) While conducting those
> tests,a hyperthyroid condition was discovered and has been stabilized with
> synthroid. The neurologist has kept track of the slow process where now
> there is more tremor in left hand and some in left foot and I do not swing
> my left arm very much when I walk. No more pain in shoulder.  He has given
> me Eldepryl 2 x day for the past 6 years.  (I also take 2000iu vit E, and
> 1000iu C)   I am quite active physically - the building where I work has a
> gym w/ an excellent trainer, so I weight-train hard twice a week.  I did
> this for 10 mos and whenever I come back to the US.
> JUst a few thoughts on closing:  thank you all for all the tremendous
> efforts of support, information, activism, humour and chenanigans  (Jao: =
> locuras).  You are all wonderful people and I hope to be able to contribute
> to the group.

I have two points in yours message that let me curious:

1. If you indeed have PD why you are not taking levodopa (Sinemet or
Madepar) already ?

2. "and chenanigans (Jao: =locuras)" .Could you explain better these
terms with other words ? They are new to me.  :-)

Best wishes and sucess in your trip round the world,
--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+