Hello Ron,

Ron Reiner wrote:

> Kathie Tollifson wrote::
>
> At 10:22 AM 1/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >Rob Reiner writes:
> >

> >>But a few days ago I stumbled on a web page (which I failed to save) which
> >>mentioned that a drug company is initiating formal testing of
> >>acetyl-l-carnitine for Alzheimers.  I buy ALC by the truckload today and
> >>there a many brands to choose from.
> >

> >Rob, I hadn't heard that anyone else was using ALC....I have been using it
> >for 4 or 5 months and am really happy with the results. How much do you use,
> >and do you take it all the time or take occasional breaks? In what ways do
> >you feel it benfits you? And where do you buy it? It still seems to be
> >pretty expensive.
> >
> >Kathie Tollifson
> >
> Kathie:
>
> Before I respond to your specific questions let me say I am astounded by one
> aspect of your message.  My name is RON Reiner and whenever I am introduced
> to someone they always call me ROB.  I've grown used to it. I assume it is
> due to the immediate name recognition with the famous ROB Reiner.  Anyway,
> you are the first person to do it in writing.  I take no offense (I'm used
> to it) but I am truly surprised.
>
> I started ALC about 2 months ago.  My symptoms are still relatively mild
> (I've been diagnosed for out 1.5 yrs).  My only PD prescriiption medication
> is Eldepryl.  But I''ve been finding walking increasingly more difficult.
> However, unless it is my imagination, the ALC has put some of the "spring"
> back in my step.  I now ocassionally go through an entire workday without a
> thought to PD.  I buy the Twinlab 500MG 30-capsules bottles for $30.95 minus
> a 15% discount the Nutrition Center gives on all Twinlab products.  I take
> two a day although I'm thinking of cutting back to one.  I am spending about
> 2 bucks a day for ALC which is what I used to spend on cigarettes many years
> ago.  If I'd stuck with the cigarettes I might not have the PD today.  Plus
> smoking was more fun.

You mentioned that your symptoms are still mild and that your only PD
prescription were Eldepryl before you started ALC....so I wonder if you
were taking levodopa (Sinemet and similars) instead of ALC you would'nt
been feeling the same.Besides that,who knows the side effects of ALC ?

All the best,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+