Mya:

How was your dad diagnosed?  I was led to believe that the diagnosis is
purely clinical. One goes to the doctor with symptoms. If they look like PD
then they try the patient on Sinemet to see if it makes a difference (also,
the patient gets an MRI to make sure it isn't some form of stroke).  If
Sinemet doesn't make a difference, then it probably isn't PD.  I'm no doctor
and I don't play one on TV, but this is what two neurologists told me.

                Ron Reiner

At 09:24 AM 1/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone!
>My Dad was diagnosed in June with Parkinson's.  He has a few questions he
would like me to ask.
>#1 - He is taking Sinemet but he is not noticing a difference.  They have
changed his dosage twice but still there seems to be no difference.  Any
suggestions or thoughts?
>#2 - He has a very stressful job and is trying to get any information at
all regarding the affects of stress on Parkinson's.  Does anyone have any info?