Beth  (et al)

I know what you mean.  My brother and brother-in-law say nice things on the
phone, like I'm sorry for you lil sis, and I hope you are ok so far, etc.

They do not really know what I am going thru.  My daughter is pretty good, but
she is busy with her children and my son is a strange case.  He will talk about
it sometimes, but is afraid to be around me if I do anything  "strange", you
know----tremor, stumble, having muscle groups seize up, etc.  When he sees it
then it is real, otherwise it is just something we talk about.

My few close friends try not to say anything, although they are careful to tape
every show that is about PD (Donahue, Oprey, etc.)  or bring me magazines and
books with articles about PD in them.

Sometimes my doctors look at me and wonder why I seem to know more than they do
about the whole thing.  But I still essentially live alone. And when I am alone
I must face it alone.  Like you and David B. and so many others I am sure are
out there.

Have you ever thought of marriage, now that you know you have PD?? I have.  I
guess I will put that out of my mind. I cannot see burdening someone with the
worries of PD caregivers.  I feel for them too.  I took care of my father for
several years.  Although he did not have PD, it was still difficult.

Enough Soap, and Crying.  We are people.  WE have PD.  We are special.  We have
the opportunity to find ways to live with this thing and with the thoughts of
others.  For whatever it brings, I am alive and I have PD!

Marling McReynolds