Jacquie,

What is diplopia?  I have been near-sighted all my life.  I have used glasses
for distance vision since I was 12.  However, until about a year and a half ago
I never needed help with reading.  My near vision was extremely good.  Just
about the time of onset of PD symptoms (tremor, stiffness, etc.) I suddenly
needed glasses for reading.  I can still read if something is quite close to my
eyes, however, not for long. I know this may just be normal aging as I am now 3
months short of 48, but could it also be associated with the PD?

Also, do most optometrists or ophthmologists know about the effects of PD on
vision?  The last time I had a vision exam I asked my optometrist if PD effected
vision, other than shaking making reading difficult, and he said no.

Also, I tried to wear bi-focals for a year and found them completely
intolerable.  Could this have anything to do with the PD, especially since other
people do not seem so bothered as I was?

Thank you Jacquie for the info.  Sometimes I think we would not be told things
to expect or look for if not for this list.  Thank you Barb for keeping this
going.

Marling McReynolds