To Margie, Beth, and other single PWPs--your comments are, of course, right
on target....while we who are CGs protest that out kids(adult ones, too) don't
really get the picture, we at least are not "al-one". If family/friends are
strongly into a level of denial , as seems the case with Marling's son at
times, we can at least have some hope of educating them gradually, and we
can speak for the PWP if advocacy is needed.
One thing I've done as Cg for Peter lately was to write a page of notes about "
where he is" at this point --activities of daily living, meds, the works. I
was pretty frank---and I sent it to our two adult daughters(who live here)
and his 2 brothers who are at a distance. I included them because when they
call and ask how are you, he always says, "fine"!   I've noticed since then
that there seems to a little more awareness of reality on the part of all
of them.  P. was OK with my doing this, and he has now been more honest with
them, too--so I guess it helped.  Maybe the al-one PWPs could consider
something like this--at intervals-- to help the "Significant Others" in their
lives be more connected?
Facing PD daily--alone--is an act of such courage: we see it in the man
in our support group here who made the NH video. A big hug to all of you!
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,78/7,Oxford,OH