What's happening here?

I leave my computer for a few minites to take a leak and a new edition of the
PARKINSON'S NETWORK DIGEST appears. Friday, January 10. 8:45 am. 6:30 pm. Two
minutes before midnight. Saturday, January 11. 1:30 am. 8:40 am. (It's nearly
noon. Haven't checked it in the last hour. Who knows? There may be a new one
lurking in my America Online mailbox.)

I wonder, Barbara, is this a response to the 80+ pages we had last Tuesday
when everyone wanted to post their letter to the President?

I don't know about others, but I prefer the old system. Download that sucker
once every 24 hours. So it's 80 pages once in a while. I can deal with that.
It's also much easier for me to allote time to the DIGEST (enter AOL,
download file, convert, clean up, print and read) if I only do it once a day.

Remember: Us Parkies are easily confused. It's hard enough dealing with a
date written "97-01-11." I know there aren't  97 months in the year, and this
definitely is not the year 1911.  So I assume you start reading that date
with the middle number.

Then I have to decifer the time, thoughtfully listed in military style for
the East Coast of the United States. I've never been in the military and I
live in the Central Time Zone. So, where does that leave me.

Let's see, if it's 20 o'clock, it must be 8 hours after 12. But which 12? Did
the computer start counting at midnight or at noon? (Don't laugh. Remember,
I'm a Parkie. And HAL has already screwed up the date.)  And how many hours
do I add or subtract from the time to relate it to my location? (Brian and
Joao Paulo:You might as well forget it.) So, 20 o'clock minus 12 (midnight or
noon) equals 8 o'clock minus 1 for the difference in time zones equals 7
o'clock plus 5 for the years since I was diagnosed with PD equals 12 again
(BUT WHICH 12?!) minus 4 for the number of times I got laid last year equals
8 plus 2 for the number of grandchildren I have equals 10 minus 94 for the
last year when I wasn't constipated.

Hmmmmmm. Must be about 84 o'clock. Damn, I'll have to reset my VCR.

How about it folks in Parkie Land. Those of you who signed up for the DIGEST.
Would you prefer going back to the old system, downloading into your computer
in the dead of night ONE TIME every 24 hours. Or do you like receiving them
all day.

I vote for one a day --- no matter what the length.

Uh oh! Duck! Here comes another one.

Stan Houston
"The Writer from Texas"