Joao Paulo said:

>Ron you say that you know the side effects of Sinemet and Permax.But how
>sure are you that the culprit was Sinemet ? Could'nt be the combination
>with Permax the reason for the side effects ?
>I tell you that because I was taking levedopa(Sinemet like) and Eldepryl
>and started to feel some funny side effects.By my own I suspended slowly
>the Eldepryl and the side effects desapeared after some time.I am no
>longer taking Eldepryl.

Joao Paulo:

I appreciate that perspective.  I tried Sinemet alone for awhile and
definitely know its side effects on me.  I used Eldepryl alone for awhile
and know its side effects (minimal).  Finally, I used Permax in conjunction
with Eldepryl.  That was definitely the worst state.  I wasn't on enough
Permax to be doing any good. My neuro said that he wanted to begin the
titration process at an early stage.  You could be right about the
interactions but my neuro felt that Eldepryl has neuro protective effects
and I did not give up on it.  So, I dropped (and blamed) the Permax.

Because my symptoms are still mild, my Neuro and I have seen no reason to
begin experimenting with new combinations (unless he feels something is
neuroprotective).  In the meantime, I am happy to sit and wait for new
treatments to appear and the medical community to gain experience with them.

Since supplementing my diet, my handwriting has significantly improved and I
find it easier to walk.  It could be the cyclic nature or PD, my
imagination, the beating I take in Hop Ki Do (martial arts) class or the
supplements.  Either way, I'm happier.

                Ron Reiner