Hi Folks:

Prior to the new year i wrote a note to this group suggesting that we eac=
write a letter or letters seeking research dollars. There is no reason wh=
you can not send a letter if you can message this service. However, ifm y=
ou
can not write a letter but have a candidate in your town to send a letter=
will do it for you in your name. Just privately send me the name and addr=
ess
and I will write the letter and send it back to you to mail. If you choos=
e to
solicit funs for the PDF I will inclose their last mailer to give your le=
tter
more credability.

If you need help composing a letter I am appending a copy to the end of t=
his
message. In the sample where I have my name substitute your name and addr=
ess,
where I have Casey Ind put the name and address of the person you are wri=
ting
too and in body of letter where I put PDF put organization and info about=
 the
organization you would like the funds to go to ie. Emory University or NP=
etc.

So far Our Grass Root Fund Drive has raised over $ 4500 in about 8 weeks.=
would like to set a goal of $ 100,000 which is the aproximate cost to sup=
port
one research center per year.

GIVE IT A TRY

Thanks Dale Severance

                                          January 1, 1997

Scott Ross
919 Salt Springs Road
Syracuse, NY 13224

Casey Industrial Linen Company
413 W. Third Street
Syracuse, NY 13203

Dear Friends,

I am a local resident with Parkinson=92s Disease reaching out to my commu=
nity.
Parkinson=92s Disease is a neuromuscular condition causing a steady decli=
ne in
our ability to move, talk, or work until we can no longer care for oursel=
ves.
It has major economic consequences both for the individuals with Parkinso=
n=92s
Disease and for our community. Lost wages result in lower taxes paid,
decreased consumer spending, and early dependence on government funds for
disability and medical payments.

Researchers have indicated that they are developing new medicines for
treatment and are very close to discovering a cure for the disease.
Governmental support for Parkinson=92s research is minimal. To speed up
research, those of us with the disease are using personal efforts like th=
is
letter to raise money for the Parkinson=92s Disease Foundation at the Col=
umbia
Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. This non-profit organization has =
one
of the highest rates of funds applied to  research from total funds raise=
d.=20

Your tax deductible gift of $100 will help fund this excellent research
facility which I hope will improve the quality of life for all of us with
Parkinson=92s Disease.

Please make your check payable to the Parkinson=92s Disease Foundation an=
d mail
it to me in the enclosed envelop. I will tabulate the results of my fund
raising efforts and forward the check immediately to the Parkinson=92s Di=
sease
Foundation.

With your help, new treatments will be available and we=92ll be closer to=
cure.=20

Sincerely,

Your Name

=20