On Sat 11 Jan, Stan R. Houston wrote:
> What's happening here?
>

> I don't know about others, but I prefer the old system. Download that sucker
> once every 24 hours. So it's 80 pages once in a while. I can deal with that.
> It's also much easier for me to allote time to the DIGEST (enter AOL,
> download file, convert, clean up, print and read) if I only do it once a day.
>
> I vote for one a day --- no matter what the length.
>
> Stan Houston
> "The Writer from Texas"

Sorry Stan, but I prefer things the way they are. I spend a lot of time in
front of my computer, writing letters, or writing programs, or whatever, and
I enjoy logging on about 4 or 5 times per day, to see if a few more emails
have arrived from the list. If the bundle is anything up to about 30 posts,
my computer can grab them and exit the net in less than a minute, so cost
is not a factor for me to worry about.

   Regarding dates, I am sure you know that it is the USA who are out of step.
everywhere else lists the date in a logical progression such as

day/month/year  OR year/month/day  (Much better for computer programs to sort),

but where is the logic of year/day/month  or month/day/year ?

In the good old days when I worked for my living I spent a large part of my
time dealing with telexes and faxes from the USA, and one of the first things
I learned was to write all dates using letters for the month
 e.g 12 Jan, or Jan 12 otherwise someone somewhere would get it wrong.

There's not much point worrying about Central Mountain Time and International
Time Zones, when you can't work out what day it is!

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>