On Sun 12 Jan, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Did  the computer start counting at midnight or at noon? (Don't laugh.
> Remember,  I'm a Parkie. And HAL has already screwed up the date.)  And how
> many hours do I add or subtract from the time to relate it to my location?
> >>>

> Aha! Another case of misapplied science in action.  If we but used latitude
> instead of longitude to measure time this silliness of +/- 4 hours to the
> east or west, International date lines and Greenwich Mean Time would all
> <snip>
> to you and all yours, this is Rat in Arizona wishing you the best in this new
> year.
>
> Don Anderson,  aka Sandrodent (52/6/registered Republican/A pos/11C shoe/7 &
> 1/2 hat/Bears win, Cubs lose, Sox who cares)
To Rat in Arizona
       Congratulations on a technological tour-de-force. Rarely have I seen
       such irrefutable logic deployed in such a masterly fashion.

To residents of New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, California and Mexico :
       Quick! Build a fence around Arizona. I don't know what is going on
       there, but if it ever gets loose, it could be the end of Time As
       We Know It!
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>