Please forgive this message, as it is a minor "spam" itself, but I am
sending it to some of my Lists in the interests of helping fellow
Listmembers deal with the increasing level of unsolicited mail.

I discovered today, through a bulletin board to which I belong, an
address to learn the actual provider involved in a system which is
being used for unsolicited messages, and where one can write to stop
such messages.

The URL is:  <http://rs.internic.net/cgi-bin/whois>

This will bring up a screen where one enters the domain name of the
source of the spam (often "aliased" to withhold the identity of the
sender).  Enter the domain name (such as"mydomain.com"; without the
"www") and the system will return the *actual* domain name and
address of the provider involved.  Write to the "postmaster" of that
domain <[log in to unmask]> and ask for the spam to be stopped.
The sender may then be warned, disciplined, or even disconnected.

Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"