Brian Collins:

Sure, I know the USA is out of step.

We elect a leader every four years, then spend his entire term trying to dig
up reasons to kick him out?

We worship guns, but will throw a woman in jail for showing a bare breast on
a public beach?

We pay a professional athlete $50 million for signing a five-year contract,
and offer a high school teacher $30,000 for agreeing to stick around for
another year.

We invented Daylight Savings Time. Once a year, we turn our clocks forward an
hour, then six months later we set them back an hour. (I can never remember
when to do what. Maybe that's why my VCR timer never records the program I
want.) According to my calculations, I've lost approximately 70,000 hours
since this foolishness began. That means I'm really 45 years old (instead of
53) and have not been diagnosed with Parkinson's yet.

We can send a man to the moon, shoot a rocket ship with TV cameras to Mars,
and suck in 200 channels of TV on an 18-inch dish, but we can't figure out
how to get Rush Limbaugh, Pat Buchanan and Bob Dornan to shut up.

All in all, however, it's still a damn good place to live.

Stan Houston
Cat Spring TX 78933