Brian Collins writes:
>   I Do know is that the nearest that I have come to an hallucination is
>   the vivid dreams when I was told to take one Eldepryl before bedtime.
>   That's why I gave up Eldepryl. It's bad enough being a PWP, without
>   being a speed freak as well.

Just in case anyone new to Deprenyl/selegiline/Eldepryl might think that it
should be taken at bedtime (since Brian was told to take it then) - this
drug, although it is given twice daily, should be given with breakfast and
again at noon- definitely not later than say 2pm because it is well known
to keep people awake.

A thought Brian: perhaps if you had not taken it so late at night you
wouldn't have had hallucinations?  Did you try taking it in the am and
noon?

Whilst most neurologists know this (by now anyway..) sometimes they neglect
to tell their patients and unless someone has a circle of friends with PWP
they often suffer sleepless nights for a long time until the penny drops!
Some of our members who have been hopitalized have had major battles with
nursing staff/ resident doctors who insist on giving this medication in the
morning and evening (as many twice daily medications are given).
I suggest anyone who is being hospitalized make sure that this information
is written on their chart and that it is made very clear to all concerned.

Sincerely
Joy Graham (CG Bob, 57, 8 yrs)