Bob and Joy allow me to note the following below,

Bob & Joy Graham wrote:

> Brian Collins writes:
> >   I Do know is that the nearest that I have come to an hallucination is
> >   the vivid dreams when I was told to take one Eldepryl before bedtime.
> >   That's why I gave up Eldepryl. It's bad enough being a PWP, without
> >   being a speed freak as well.
>
> Just in case anyone new to Deprenyl/selegiline/Eldepryl might think that it
> should be taken at bedtime (since Brian was told to take it then) - this
> drug, although it is given twice daily, should be given with breakfast and
> again at noon- definitely not later than say 2pm because it is well known
> to keep people awake.
>
> A thought Brian: perhaps if you had not taken it so late at night you
> wouldn't have had hallucinations?  Did you try taking it in the am and
> noon?
>
> Whilst most neurologists know this (by now anyway..) sometimes they neglect
> to tell their patients and unless someone has a circle of friends with PWP
> they often suffer sleepless nights for a long time until the penny drops!
> Some of our members who have been hopitalized have had major battles with
> nursing staff/ resident doctors who insist on giving this medication in the
> morning and evening (as many twice daily medications are given).
> I suggest anyone who is being hospitalized make sure that this information
> is written on their chart and that it is made very clear to all concerned.
>
> Sincerely
> Joy Graham (CG Bob, 57, 8 yrs)

Certainly Brian must know for sure your information.I believe he was
trying to pass the ideia that selegiline like products may have more
serious side effects than for instance levodopa and with end results
somewhat controversial.
These type of substance are I suppose of the amphetamine family,the same
drugs used too by some athletes in the pursue prohibeted to enhance
their perfomances in theirs fields of competition.
As for myself,I used it for a while.I had some side effects that
desapeared after some time when I quited it.

Best wishes,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+