Tom Reiss writes:

>I have seen many recent postings on Amgen  and  GDNF and while this appears to
>be a very promising area of research I wonder how many of you are aware of the
>work being done at Guilford Pharmaceutical where they will shortly begin human
>clinical trials of a much smaller molecule (small enough to cross the
>blood-brain barrier) and shown to be very effective in reversing the effects of
>PD in  primates by regenerating nerve growth.

Hi Tom,

Good to hear from you again! I think I may have met you at the Tucson APDA
meeting 3 or 4 years ago when you (and I think you were with Alan
Bonander??) did a demonstration on blue glasses. It was very interesting,
and a number of PWP's in Tucson now sport blue glasses! I think you also
spoke about the infusion experiment that you were involved in. Or has my
short term memory loss turned into a long term one also?

I didn't know it was possible to have 4 pallidotomies, is this because of an
increasing electrical malfunction in the brain, or because one operation
doesn't fix everything? I guess I'm asking the philosophy behind this
progressive approach.

And PLEASE...more info on the smaller molecule! What is it called and how
does it work?! Curious minds want to know! Or is it Girls just want to have
fun? I get my cliches mixed up these days :)

Kathie Tollifson
46/8