Salute Storkie1,

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I would like to echo Terry Whitling's posting. As an old veteran of  PD, diag
> 1986 at age 52, and having visited the Mayo and Ohio State Neuro clinics,I
> know that each individual is an individual and will have individual reactions
> to any medications--the same as that individual will react differently than
> another to any outside stimuli.
>
> My meds include amantidine, Sinemet25\100 (1 per day) and Sinemet CR {6 per
> day},Amantidine (2 per day), Parlodel(12 per day},Eldepryl (2 per day),
> ambien 1 per day) and  Xanax (3 per day}. I can' t wait for the "new" stuff
> to hit the market this month so that my med tab could top $20,000 per year.
> This has not changed much in the past 4 years.
>
> I sleep well. eat well, work well, and have a very positive outlook on life.
> I can still hit the golf and tennis balls when I am not having a down time
> (which may happen a couple of times a day).  All of my doctors are amazed at
> the tolerance that I have for handling this volume of medication, --but as
> Terry said--Different drugs for different mugs.
>
> The best medication is to maintain an upbeat attitude, keep busy, don't feel
> sorry for yourself,
> and do something positive for someone each day.

I agree with you in your view of life...  :-)
Considering the variety of meds you take I imagine if is not in your
case that they balance each other and for that your body has a good
reaction to them.

Regards and keep the good spirit the way you do,
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+