Barbara, Marjorie, Camilla, and others,

>From time to time my depression gets a grip on me.  I have been in clinical
depression for nearly 3 years now.  I have seen counselors, hypnotists,
psychriatrists, gps, neurologists, church leaders, and a wide variety of friends
who love me.  I sometimes get down, but, I know in my heart that there is a
reason  for me to have PD and depression and all the rest.  I will never give in
completely, but sometimes I may let my real feelings be known to those who might
understand.

I am the director of an information and referral center for homeless, poor, ( in
money and spirit), a crisis counselor, and casemanager.  I work with disabled
people on SSA/SSI/SSDI who cannot handle their own money.  Most of them are
mentally disabled.  I am greatful each day that I have PD and not some of the
mental illnesses they suffer from.

I have decided that 1997 is the year my voice will be heard from coast to coast
on a variety of issues.  Yes, I will be writing to my congress people and the
president about the Udall bill and PD, as well as Red Cross, and many other
issues.

We here in the northcoast of California have spent a week of storms and
flooding.  I have watched the waters come over my parking lot and close to our
building.  I have had to deal with very ineffecient people in jobs which effect
lives of many people.  I am frustrated, but not so much that I will actually lie
down and give up.  I will cry and then SHOUT at all of them.

I will wear my PD as a badge of honor, showing that I have been blessed with it
and it will help me to help others.  The depression is conquorable, with the
help of friends like you.

Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes, this is a good part of why I am on
this list.  I can research all the meds, and symptoms, and other stuff
elsewhere, but I cannot get the fellowship of people who thouroughly understand
how I feel anywhere else.

You are not rid of me yet!!!!!!!!
Marling McReynolds
Director SHCRC the People Center