Tim,
        I too am interested in nonmedical alternatives.  I'm 47, diagnosed for
3 yrs. with symptoms for 7 before that.  I seem to be at a pretty good
level as I don't show many symptoms outwardly at this point.  I do,
however, take low dosages of Sinemet and Eldepryl.  I also do alot of
meditating, deap breathing, and focusing.  At this point I don't feel I
could do without either.  Although, if things continue to go the way
they are I plan on cutting down on the Sinemet.  My doctors seem to be
going along with this plan.  When this will happen I'm not sure.
        I'm beginning to get side tracked a bit though.  My point here is that
I've heard alot about T'ai Chi and improvement in PD symptoms.  I need
to refer you to an article in the 1st Quarter, '96 issue of Parkinson
Report from the National Parkinson Foundation.  In it a Dr. Schwartzman
summerizes current Ideas pretty well, as far as I know anyway.  Not only
does he give some case studies (very positive: one man redusing his
dosage) but mentions that the USC National Parkinson Foundation Clinic
in Los Angeles is conducting a Polot study of T'ai Chi and Parkinsons.
        This is the direction which holds the most excitement for me.  I feel
great when I am on track with the meditation.  I live in a rural area
without good access to T'ai Chi training so I am reduced to a book which
seems pretty good (T'ai Chi Clasics by Waysun Liao - Shambhala 1977 and
1990).
        I would also like to hear more about the Conductive Education you
mentioned.  I write an column for a Parkinsons newsletter (Satellite
from the Minnesota CREATE Center) and a Web site where I am trying to
share mon medical informatoin, like you are trying to find out about.
So far It hasn't gotten very far as it is mostly what I have gleaned
from workshops and articles.  Any information you could send my way
would be nice too. But so far all I know for sure about is T'ai Chi.  I
am also trying to track down a group of young onset Parkinsons folks who
I've heard started a Yoga group early on with good results.  If any one
has heard of these or similar stories please let me know.
I hope this has helped in some way.
Paul
http://www.cloudnet.com/~mandms