Tim,

I have some comments about "keeping off medication" :

        - Diagnosis
                Are you sure it is PD ? PD diagnosis is based on symptoms,              your symptoms
are mild : If you have not checked your first           diagnosis with at least 2
other neurologists, I suggest you do.

        - Medication
                If I understand correctly, you want to stay off medication as           long as
possible. I can see nothing wrong with that, provided           you are prepared to
accept medication if and when it becomes
                really necessary, i.e. when the relief you get from a drug              becomes far
more important than the side-effects.

        - Physiotherapy
                Yes of course ! I do it 3 times a week with a physiotherapist           who (cherry
on the cake) is interested in PD, and his help is               great. I also walk and
practice some sport the best I can.

        - Diet, vitamins, and such
                I don't know anything about these

        - Starting medication
                Assuming you have decided to start some medication, and                 especially if you
never did before, I suggest you write down              when and how much you take it,
and when and how much           your symptoms evolve. This will not hurt anyway, and
it will                 help you find your way through that difficult period, when both                 PD
and medication tend to alter your mind, spirit and memory.

        - Psychology
                PD and psychology are tightly interlinked. Based on             my personal
experience, I believe we can fight back and win                 battles, using simple
psychological weapons. If you are               interested, I can tell more.

Hope to hear from you
Best whishes

Bernard JOLY