First, let me say I have no affiliation with anyone or anything having to do
with the writing of, or production of the program I'm writing about.  I
stumbled across it on the Web, and thought it was SUCH a unique, beneficial
and FUN program... PLUS it would create several positive benefits for those of
us list members having full Internet access.  Best of all, at this time it's
ABSOLUTELY FREE, as it's in beta test.  I downloaded the program a coupla days
ago, and have been using it regularly since then with no bugs or problems.
It's worked flawlessly.  Therefore, I now feel comfortable in referring you
all to it.  Read on:

The program is called ICQ, and it permits you to create a list of friends,
business contacts, or "others"  from amongst those individuals you know who
use this program now or who may use it in the future, for INSTANT messaging
and/or chat on the Internet.

ICQ tells you when your friends are ANYWHERE on the Internet so you can send
them a message which arrives virtually instantaneously (nice for a greeting,
question, or a brief conversation while you are surfin' the Web, or are doing
other things online)..  If they are offline, it will post the message for them
to pick up when they're back online - much faster than email, AND you can send
attachments!

You can set up a chat for two, or for many, and bring people into that chat if
you and they chose.  There is also a "privacy" feature... kinda a "Do not
disturb."  ONLY individuals who have mutually approved being on each other's
contact list can interact or see contact list status, and you can delete a
contact if you wish.

The possibilities for our PD group are very exciting (to me, anyway), and I
urge you to at least take a look-see at the Web site to get a complete picture
of this program.  The URL is:

http://www.mirabilis.com

Barb Mallut
"Lil_Honey" on the PD Chat (and on Mirabilis)