At 10:30 AM 1/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I did some unformal work on statistics about this list ; maybe some of you
>will find it interesting.
>
>I counted 400 postings within 10 days, an average flow of 40 per day.
>
>These messages were posted by 125 individuals.
>
>        3 of them posted more than 20 each
>        9 posted more than 10 each
>        75 posted only 1
>
>        50 % were posted by 30 people
>        80% were posted by 50 people
>
>Assuming there is a total of 1425 subscribers, this also means : during these
>10 days, 1300 subscribers posted nothing.
>
>I wonder why.
>

>Bernard JOLY

Dear Bernard and other listfriends,

My computer was broken and I had to read 460 messages. That's a hell of a job!
I read the shortest ones first...367 messages left... I'm reading the three
blocks e_mails now...

assuming that everyone would mail only 1 letter a day and that downloading
and reading takes 1 minute.....

That means that we have 1 minute for breakfast, 1 minute for coffeebreak, 1
min for lunch, and so on till we spend all of our 15 minutes that are left
after taking care of the list.....

I embrace all of the 1425 lurkers..... stick my thump up... You are doing a
great job, but please say something once... I will be quiet for several days.

Kees Paap