Very brief report.  Bill was removed from the ventilator yesterday, day
26, 1/13/97.  Handling breathing on his own very well.  No brain damage,
just a very deep depression from illness, length of stay in ICU (where
he remains) and of course I'm sure our mutual acquaintance, Dr. P.
Being treated with Prozac (5 dys) and seemed more responsive yester-
day, though I know that is "prolly" too early for much reaction to the
antidepressant.  Double pneumonia and congestive heart failure beaten
back...so three strikes and he's back home.

Please keep us in your prayers and thank you SO MUCH for the many
wonderful responses received from FRIENDS on this service who we
have not and "prolly" never will meet.  You are such caring people.

Love

Bobbie Cotter  ([log in to unmask])  Reno  NV

P.S.  We were also fortunate enough not to have been flooded.  Another
         blessing.