elizabeth leslie wrote:

> Oooh.  How exciting to see the subject of my (stalled) Ph.D emerge in
> this list - see below.  I'm working on Hannah Arendt's concept of
> plurality, in her definition of which she says (in The Human Condition)
> "We are all the same in that no one is the same as anyone who ever
> lived, lives or will live" which is to say that our common humanity, our
> human 'identity,' is constituted by our difference/s.
>
> I've been thinking around how to 'marry' my Ph.D with my PD - seeing as
> now I can't have one without the other.  This is part of what I have been
> trying to uncover in my ramblings about lone-pwp.  Somehow wanting to
> point out the differences that sometimes get missed amongst conventional
> assumptions, while never losing sight of what it is that binds us
> together.
>
> I've had the whole thing on hold for some time now and have lost faith in
> my ability to do it.  Anything that enthuses me at this low point is more
> than welcome.

Hi Leslie,

I wonder how advanced id your PD.How old are you.Have  you read the
messages from Barbara Mallut and some others ? They may bring back yours
momentaneous loss of enthusiasm.How about travelling a bit ? Come and
visits us for instance... (:-)

Chery up friend,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+