One of the reasons I didn't respond to the original plea for help is that I,
like many other listmembers, have had a pallidotomy.  Therefore, not only do
we not always have the same symptoms as an entire group, we have this
sub-group which may not fit into the list Dr. Barber's trying to compile.

The major stumbling block I see to the check-list the doctor's trying to
provide his PD patients and staff is that no two Parkies seem to experience
the disease in the same way.  Therefore, it becomes that much harder to
pinpoint daily symptoms, as well as daily symptoms that might occur at about
the same time during the course of a day.

Speaking for myself, it sometimes is THE most frustrating thing to have gone
along for a few days with whatever symptoms I have at the time showing up at
about the same time each day.  I do a mental "Ohh goody," because that
suddenly permits to plan my day in advance... to work around the then
predictable PD symptoms.

Needless to say, with no obvious reason that I can see, within 3 or 4 days,
that "Ohh goody" turns to an "Aw SH*T," because of COURSE, with absolutely no
reason or warning the predictability of the symptoms disappears as suddenly as
it arrived, and I'm left trying to second guess what my day is going to be
like in dealing with the disease's control of what I do that day and how long
I'll be able to comfortably do it.

Parkinson's a bitch of a disease, and it's daily unpredictability is just one
of it's many aggravations.

Barb Mallut
"Lil_Honey" in the PD Chat