At 04:35 PM 1/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Bernie - Here's my excuse for not responding sooner:  the task seemed
overwhelming!  Items to consider might be level of dyskinesia, confusion,
balance, paranoia, hallucinations, # of falls and causes if discernible.
How much of the residents' records go with them to doctor appts?  My
mother's NH sends a list of current meds, and that's about it.  When she was
having postural hypotension (did I get that right?) problems, they also sent
a page or two from her file that showed BP readings.  Copies of assessments
by the OT or PT people - ADL's for instance - might be useful.  Since a
major purpose of the list would be to report data effectively to residents'
neuro's, perhaps they would have some suggestions about what to include on
it.  I applaud anything you can do to improve the situation of PWP in
nursing homes -- given the fact that even many neurologists know little
about PD, it's obvious that NH staff will often be clueless.  Have you
noticed, BTW, recent postings about !
>training videos?
>
>Mary Rack
>cg for Mom, Louise (75/6), NH resident
>
>ps Mom's neuro's nursing staff is WONDERFUL and have often communicated
with the nursing staff at her NH -- the nurses at your residents' neuros
offices might be able to help you too.  Let me know if I can be any further
help (well, I hope this was helpful!)

>Hi Mary,

Thanks for your input, I"m getting close to putting a form together, getting
a lot of help from the folks on board the list.

Thanks, again

Bernie