Elizabeth--your PhD subject is really neat--I have long felt thAT our
human differences are important in that they often determine how we respond to/
treat others. We too often fear and avoid those who are perceived as different.
We fail to look for the common humanity you speak of, and realize that being
different is part of that unity.  Do you see this on the list, perhaps?
Do we sometimes react here as in the wider world ? Maybe your PD and your
PhD aren't so separate after all, and one can illuminate the other?
Interesting idea!  Hang in there...

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"