Stephen Neumeier wrote:

> My mother has had PD for about 17 years
> Lately she has been complaining about an inability to get rid of
> saliva and that it is thicker than usual.

Dear Stephen,
Please check to be sure your mother is drinking plenty of fluids. PD
meds cause an increased need for water, and many people do not
experience a  corresponding thirst. This can lead to increased fluid
needs with a decreased fluid intake. Dehydration can cause serious
problems, including kidney damage, as well as the symptoms you describe.
If you believe your mother is getting less than 2 quarts of fluids
daily, encourage her to sip water constantly, even if she does not feel
thirsty.

Best regards,
Kathrynne
--