I would like to present a subject which I brought up last year, but now
there are many new people who might have insights. My mother still has very
bad cramping, big intense cramps up one side of her body. They seem to
happen regularly throughout the day and night, when the meds wear off i
think. she goes through all sorts of manipulations, exercises and
"crunching" of her muscles to try and keep the cramping away. and she wants
us to shake her legs, rub, and manipulate. Understandably she gets very
anxious about the possiblility of cramps and seems to stay out of bed or
not sit down very much because of them. It seems like a vicious circle, as
her body is mostly exhausted and I would think possibly more prone to
cramping when exhausted (guessing this, as this happens to me.)
Dr. Cheryl Waters, USC, has tried various meds. She currently takes Sinemet
and I think Parlodel mainly. Dr. Waters sent her this week to her regular
doctor for a physical to see if she has a low grade infection.
Does anyone have experience with, tips, ideas re cramps. Has anyone had
them and had the situation get better? It seems only to get worse for my
mom.
Debbie,
Mom is 72/10