Marling - You probably have a long time to go before you even need to think
about it.  But when a PWP's quality of life gets really lousy - more "off"
than "on" time, or, as in my husband's case, no good "on" time (he was either
off or on-with-dyskinesia), surgery looks very attractive.

      Also, while there are risks, as with any surgery, it's a better surgery
to recover from than most.  If things go well, the patient is out of the
hospital the next day.  Friends were astonished when we ran into them in the
grocery store the second day after the surgery.
We thank the powers that be and medical science for this advance that gave my
husband back a reasonable quality of life.  Or, as one guy who had the
surgery put it:
"It gave me back Me."

     But, Marling, don't even think about it for now.  In some tiny corner of
your mind you can file away the fact that there's help for later on if
needed, but don't let the rest of us scare you.  Just live your life to the
fullest and enjoy!  Margie