Greetings-this is a messaage for PDers who live alone and
have trouble putting on jackets or coats, dressing swallowing
etc.,
        10 months ago I could not put on any overcoat or jacket
and had trouble buttoning shirts, drinking ( my first time
drinking a beer through a straw )falling, dizzyness etc.
        Currently, through vigorous exercise, help through the
Visiting Nurse Association (VNA), slightly modified doseage
of sinemet, addition of florinef acetate and discontinuation
of artane plus continuos research on dressing and putting on
overcoats and jackets all the above symptoms are much improved.
        My PD was first diagnosed in 1985 and had settled for
sinemet and artane-@ Age 73, working 4 hrs/day and still
driving. Then started to get dizzy spells and tremor became
more severe causing me to stop driving and retire.I had tried
increasing doseage of sinemet and or artane =no help. Then
tried decreasing doseage - seemed little immediate affect.
        Later I learned that it takes up to 2 months for full
effects of changing doseage to occur. This turned out to be
very important for me-I had been in research most of my life
and stupidly underestimated the long time required to test
a doseage change.
        Learning the specific movements needed to put on coats
was a fascinating and frustrating experience-which I will glady
share.
        The above is writen in the hope that my experiences may
be of use to other PDers some of whom may also live alone and
may have trouble putting on overcoats and jackets.