Hi,

You wrote in part,
----------

>         I was thinking about that cramp in your foot Ron and how my mom
> believes she must totally concentrate on (and unfortunately also that
> everyone else must keep quiet and somehow be involved also) her cramps =
both
> during and before them.

Does your mom want everyone to be quiet during her cramps or does she
just want not to be talked to.  I often find myself thinking  "can't they=
 see
I'm busy" if someone attempts conversation with me during the dystonic
episodes which punctuate my days. As for her belief that she must concent=
rate
on her cramping, I suspect that she may not have a choice. If her cramps =
are
indeed dystonia, they can be very attention grabbing.

I have tried varies methods of overcoming dystonia.  Speaking for myself,=
 nothing
much seems to help, although mentally chanting "This too will pass" at =
least leaves
you feeling philisophic.

Dennis

Dennis Greene